Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Father's Day "Triangle Ties"

I was cleaning my desk this morning, and had some spare die cuts from the Simon Says Stamp Full Card Triangles die...and kept seeing neckties...so I made a card for my dad...
The hardest part of this card was choosing colors and patterns for the "ties".  After die cutting a bunch of "manly" colors, I opted for simply black of different designs.  Only problem...I don't have a lot of patterned paper, so I had to search and be creative.  I had the thought after I was finished, that I COULD have stamped some patterns on black paper, but that would take more time and thought than I have today...so kept as was:)!!   Three of the 6 papers were Stampin Up patterned paper, one Papertrey, another Michael's and the last DCWV... Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

14 comments:

  1. What a cool card. My eyes focused on the ties immediately. I saw ties too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now who's being creative!! See it always pays to clean your workspace... you never know what might come of it :0)
    The patterned ties are cool, great card for Fathers Day.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Genius and I love the black patterned papers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh well done Lisa it's a fab and funky one!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What vision you have. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun is this card?! This is just the most clever thing ever. Love it. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun card, Lisa! So creative - I'm sure your Dad will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is SO very creative. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is so clever! i like that the die-cut can be cut apart into sections.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa