Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Smile...Three Ways

I recently purchased the Smile Die from My Favorite Things and had some fun...I made three cards...two using the positive and negatives of one cut and then tried my hand at BOKEH:)!!...
 SMILE is such a huge word right now in card making...funny thing... it should be and is for me, a classic...a word that is wonderful on a card and will always be wonderful on a card.  I LOVE the font and the wonderful possibilities this die holds, so it was a definite must have for me.  The first one, I used strips of textured paper I adhered to copy paper, and die cut the sentiment.  Layered and adhered to black textured card...

The second one I used the remnants of the first, made the frame square, rather than a rectangle, layered and adhered to white textured card...
 Here's a close up...

The third one I decided to try a bokeh effect behind the smile...
 I stamped some circles with some Simon Says Stamp Lots of Dots stamps and covered the card with a piece of vellum that I adhered to the card to "soften" the circles...bokeh style.  I  die cut the "smile" with a very heavyweight card stock from Simon, so the smile would stand well on it's own.  I added four enamel dots, here's a close up...
OK...SO MUCH FUN!!!   Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

6 comments:

  1. All three of these are such fun, colorful cards. I love to visit you and see your creations. You really have a way with dies and make very clever designs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh la la...all these combos of colors are fabulous Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply smiley and stunning Lisa.
    Love how you always manage to use both positive and negative cuts.
    Great cards
    Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such wonderful! I love them all, but the second one with the inlaid die is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are colorful and playful. I love the color combos and that fabulous die.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these Lisa, it's always such fun to visit your blog x

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa