Saturday, November 8, 2014

The Cutting Edge Challenge #14...Nines!

It's time to share the next Cutting Edge Challenge!  We have another inspiration project, this one done by ME!...
OK...You are to be inspired by/find inspiration from my card, and create a card that includes die cutting (all forms accepted).   Here’s what I created:
I decided to keep my card in the same "niner" vein as the original, so I changed it up to die cut flowers and simply added different colored enamel dots into their centers.  

I''m also going to put up the original one I made...with a Christmas theme...
I decided to make this one ALL white, for the snowflakes.  I used a Lawn Fawn snowflake die, die cutting on thin paper 9 times, positioning, adhering and then die cutting on the card stock panel with the snowflake die another 9 times.  I die cut another 9 times, cut out into individual snowflake die cut pieces, and adhered underneath the original 9.  THEN, I embossed the snowflake, cut out into little pieces, again, and adhered underneath the layered die cut...if you were keeping count...36 die cuts all together!!  OK...it started out as a simpler thought...sometimes in the middle of creating, ideas change...the idea behind this card did:)!!  I die cut and layered the "merry" too...here's a close up...
I almost wasn't going to put this card up because of what you had to do to make it, but, hey....some cardmakers color...do techniques...layer...embellish...all kinds of things that take time...I die cut...only not usually ever this much for one card...LOL!!!
I really hope you will play along with us! If you click on through to The Cutting Edge Challenge Blog, you’ll find lots of information, including:
  • The Winner of the last challenge, as well as the Top 3, are being announced;
  • The Cutting Edge Design Team is sharing their samples for the challenge, and they are pretty cool...You've GOT TO SEE their takes on my card!!!!;
  • The InLinkz link-up tool for you to link up YOUR project!

The challenge closes on Thursday, November 20, 2014 at 9:00 AM EDT, so what are you waiting for?!  You can find everything you need to play along HERE.  We can’t wait to see what you create!!
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

12 comments:

  1. Those are stunning, but wow! 36 die cuts! I love the final product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome creations, Miss Lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards, thanks for the inspiration !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both these cards, all those die cuts wow. I am in awe because when I try to do anything like this no matter how well I plan it out it always ends up being crooked. There will always be a mess up and usually towards the end. You make it look so easy (or sound more like) . Love looking

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty but I am so dense! I don't understand how the 36 die cuts went together to create this beauty. Maybe a video? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are both awesome, Lisa! The snowflake one sings to me! So gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How in the world did you do this and not get it crooked? I'm so impressed! I also love the bits of color you've added to some of the cards. Looks so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! These are fantastic. Love the flowery one, and am in awe of your 36-cut snowflake card. They are just beautiful. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your white card was well worth the effort - it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love, love and love! I think there is a CASE or 2 in my future. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always love how you show multiple ways to use things. Awesome cards Lisa. Those flowers make me happy.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa