Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Striped, Die Cut Flower Birthday Wishes...X Two!

With May behind me in a few hours, the month of June is looking pretty quiet, well...much quieter than the month of May has been...and I hope to be back doing a lot more of what I love so much...creating!! 
 I have a couple birthday cards to show you today, that I made with the new Simon Says Stamp Birthday Wishes Frame and some Simon flower die cuts:)!!...
 Yes, I have a "thing" going on with striped paper....love the look of the striped paper with this silver sentiment and pink and green flower(Simon Single Roses).  The sentiment is cut from the stitched frame part of the die...LOVE that this die is SO dual purpose...how fun is this?!!  The flower was die cut from paint chips, layering the borders with a single layer on the inside of the flower and leaves.  I added some silver enamel dots around the silver layered sentiment.  Here's a close up...

 The second one uses the same sentiment and paper...different flowers.  I used the Simon Partial Cut Flower die for the flowers...then die cut the purple flowers from paint chips, cut out, and attached to the partial cut ones on the striped paper...
 I hand drew the stems from the flowers and added the layered sentiment.  Here's a close up...
Such fun...dies, paint chips and striped paper...it doesn't get much better....!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

3 comments:

  1. Love both of these Lisa... so bold and colourful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both so lovely, Lisa. The striped DP is definitely great, but neutral enough not to overpower your creations. Love 'em both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep those stripes comin'! Love all your designs but never tire of the stripes. In fact I love to wear stripes. Hope June is a better month for you, too.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa