Sunday, June 12, 2016

Trees in the Forest...Trees AND Flowers!

I just got some new stamps and dies from My Favorite Things and sat down to have some fun!!  The new stand alone die set, Trees in the Forest got my attention right away...hey, who doesn't love trees? I may have some tree dies, but I am always happy to add some more to my collection, especially when they are as cute as these new dies!  I love the sizes and shapes of these trees...
 I die cut and layered the trees and trunks, as well as the oval base...LOVE these!!  I adhered onto a die cut stitched rectangle from 12x12 linen cloth.  I used an old Hero Arts sentiment (I SEARCHED AND SEARCHED for a sentiment!!!)...had to be just the right size, length, and say just the right thing for me...whew!!  Popped up and adhered to  card. Here's a close up...

The second card is my flower made from tree card:)!!  I used the smaller of the two raindrop shaped tree canopies and made 5 petals for a flower.  I layered the petals and added an old glittered dot in the center( I can be a craft supply hoarder...in this case I'm so glad I  hang onto stuff like this for times like these:)!!)...
I used an old CAS(E) this sketch sketch for my layout.   The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink.   Here's a close up...
Oh so much fun!!!Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

5 comments:

  1. Love the linen cloth detail on your Tree card - fab texture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pp trees are so adorable on the linen background! I love the oval ground underneath as well! Great idea for your flower petals and such a sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find my style is so much like yours! I love these cards and will most likely "need" to get these dies. Thanks for sharing your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice cards! The stitched rectangle is so unique.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa