Monday, July 10, 2017

Two Different Scalloped Thanks

I used the new Simon Says Stamp Three Sided Scallop die to make a four sided scalloped card...
I thought it would be cool to extend this die and make the scallop go around all four sides.  I used some of my pretty flowered paper that I recently purchased at AC Moore, for the mission:)!  I used a 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" piece of the cardstock, and die cut the die placed at the very end of the paper, with the acrylic plate over "most" of the die.  Once through, I turned the cardstock so that the opposite end was facing my Big Shot.  I lined the die over the already die cut part, and again, die cut with the acrylic plate over "most" of the die.  What you get, is a 5 scallops x 4 scallops die cut panel.  What is cool about this die is that it has a rim around the center die cut scallops.  SO...I die cut the same way a couple more times with white cardstock, but only used the rim and layered the rim a total of three times, so the outer rim was raised.  I then embossed a card, and cut out the scallops with a pair of scissors, to adhere the die cut panel to.  Here's a pic of this... 
I used the new Simon Script Thanks die for my sentiment...using a blue textured cardstock for the sentiment to match the flowers in the cardl.  Here's a close up of that and the scallop rim...

The second one, I used the same paper, same sentiment die, but a Simon Wavy Scalloped Stitches die.    You can never have too many thank you cards, and althought pretty similiar, wanted to show you yet another way to use scallops with the same sentiment die:)...
I popped up te flowered panel over the beige cardstock panel.  Here's a close up...
Having so much fun!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

1 comment:

  1. Awesome card, Lisa! Love the scallops and single pattern used for this design!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa